On Friday, September 17, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET, AASF will cosponsor the webinar “Effects of Federal Immigration Policy on US Science and All Scientists” with the American Physical Society.
This webinar will summarize the history regarding the effects of immigration on US science, describe how attitudes in the United States towards students and scientists of Chinese ethnic origin are changing, describe the human toll of this change in attitude and policy, and discuss how the scientific community can best support international students and scientists.
- Dr. S. James Gates (Brown University, Ford Foundation Professor of Physics & Affiliate Professor of Mathematics; APS, President)
- Dr. Jonathan Bagger (APS, CEO)
- Dr. Andrea Liu (University of Pennsylvania, Hepburn Professor of Physics; Past Speaker of APS Council)
- Dr. Steven Chu (Stanford University, Professor of Physics and Molecular & Cellular Physiology)
- Dr. Chrisy Xiyu Du (Harvard University, Research Associate)
- Dr. Mark Elsesser (APS, Director of Government Affairs)
- Dr. Jeong Kim (Kiswe Mobile, Inc., Chairman)
- Dr. Mengkun Liu (Stonybrook University, Associate Professor)
The webinar is co-sponsored by: American Physical Society, American Institute of Physics, American Association of Physics Teachers, Asian American Scholar Forum, APA Justice, International Organization of Chinese Physicists and Astronomers (OCPA), National Society of Black Physicists.